If you are displeased with your smile but do not want your teeth to be studded with metal, Invisalign may be the best remedy for your alignment issues. Also referred to as clear braces, Invisalign removes both the inconvenience of adjustments and the discomfort of metal wires. The Invisalign system utilizes virtually transparent aligners that straighten teeth without metal bands, brackets, or wires.
At Ygnacio Dental and Orthodontics in Walnut Creek, CA 945961, we use this innovative orthodontic solution to help patients achieve a seamless smile.
What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign is an orthodontic procedure that helps straighten teeth with transparent, plastic aligners. They are personalized to your teeth, jaws, and bite. During treatment, you advance through multiple sets of aligners, wearing one set for half a month before wearing the next set. In this way, Invisalign aligners gradually move your teeth over time.
How Can Invisalign Treatment Help?
Invisalign procedures can correct the following conditions:
- Space that has opened in between teeth
- Overlapping or crookedness of teeth
- Overcrowding that pushes teeth upward
- Tooth protrusion due to poor alignment or position
- Minor open bites
- Crossbites in which the lower teeth protrude over the lower teeth
- Minor overbites and underbites
How Does Invisalign Work?
Invisalign clear aligners are made of clear, flexible plastic and work on the same principle as conventional metal braces. They gently apply controlled forces to teeth to shift them into a better position. Modern computer software is used to design a plan for moving your teeth from their existing positions into their correct alignment. This movement will be spread over several stages. For each stage of the whole process, a set of two plastic aligners — one for your upper teeth and another for the lower teeth — is fabricated by the Invisalign firm. The first set of trays should be worn for two weeks, for a minimum of 20 hours a day that allows you time to remove them for meals or regular oral hygiene regime such as brushing your teeth. You will then shift to the next set of aligners in your series to progress to the next stage of tooth movement. This process has to be continued until your teeth are correctly aligned.
Benefits of Invisalign
The Invisalign system offers the following benefits:
- Improved oral health during treatment as you can remove your aligners to brush and floss.
- As the trays are removable, you can continue eating all of your favorite foods.
- Indulge in your favorite sports and activities without fear of damaging the aligners.
- Clean your teeth more quickly than you can with braces
If you are interested in Invisalign treatment, visit Ygnacio Dental & Orthodontics, at 1766 Lacassie Ave # 101, Walnut Creek CA 945961, or call us at (925) 280-2848 and schedule an appointment.